Sunday, April 1, 2012

Such is my exciting life


This is a spider I found hanging out in my bag as I went to pick it up on Thursday morning. I didn't kill it, I scooped it up in a tissue and let it out the window. I forgot to give it strict instructions not to come back.


This is the inside of a car wash.

Yesterday I finally made good on my Christmas present to my Nana - I took her to the 'Unveiled' exhibition at Te Papa. I really enjoyed it - so many interesting stories behind the dresses and some pretty amazing creations.


My favourite was 'society beauty' Margaret Whigham's 'magnificent Hartnell-designed wedding gown for her marriage to Charles Sweeney in 1933.' It has a crazily long train (18 feet long) bordered with tulle and the dress and train are covered in appliqued stars. Margaret Whigam's life took some pretty interesting turns, although you don't hear about that in the exhibition.





After Te Papa, Nana and I went to Petone to check out Holland Road Yarn Company and then have some lunch. We stopped in at SweetPea and took a cupcake home each. The high teas looked amazing.




Back in the Wairarapa we went for a quick visit with cute children.


But really, nothing very exciting is happening at the moment because it's 11 days until opening night. We've been doing a lot of crafting for the set, learning lines for our brains, and rehearsing for the stage. Nucking Futs at BATS, 12 - 21 April.

No comments:

Post a Comment