Saturday, April 28, 2012

Boxing on


Oh look, I've become one of those people who never write on their blog. Well, here is the sky last night when I was leaving work. It was pretty cool, there was a layer of dark grey clouds, a gap with sun-pinked clouds, and then a layer of white clouds. On the ground there were some trees. Obviously. I didn't have time to take a very good photo because I was in a hurry but it came out better than I thought.

In other news, because I love moving house so much, I'm doing it again after only three months. While it's been nice being back in the Valley, and this is probably the nicest room I'll ever live in, I was made an offer I couldn't refuse.


This is my current fireplace. I will miss it.


My new room does not have a fireplace or a mantelpiece, but it does have a pretty awesome view of the harbour.


I rescued this picture from the garage of our house in Martinborough. It had a board backing but no frame and I have no idea where it came from, but I found it in a pile of stuff when I was about 10 and decided that its fate was not to sit in our garage and eventually get thrown away. For my birthday when I was about 13 I got my Mum to get it framed, she couldn't understand why I wanted to keep the picture, let alone get it framed, but she did anyway. I don't know why but I really like it. I've always found it kind of creepy, I think because of the greenish colouring and because the girls have no clothes on, but it's actually such a nice image. Two little girls warming themselves by a fire after a bath. Maybe it reminded me of my sister and I during the times when we weren't fighting. It would be nice to know more about the picture, but I think its mystery is part of its appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment