Friday, May 4, 2012

Food. Theatre. Comedy.

These are few of my favourite things. Take it away Julie Andrews!

On Wednesday night I had dinner at Olive Cafe which was extremely yum - gnocchi with mushrooms and a blue cheese sauce - and then the warm chocolate pudding. Oh that pudding. The centre was all gooey and amazing.

Apart from that I have been to all of the things - LucreceLive at SixA Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and a Prayer, The Five-Year EngagementMy Life Has Been A Series Of Poorly Made Decisions, Good Times With Cool Dudes, Bombs Away! A Musical, and Constantinople.

I also joined Twitter (@ActuallyCherie).

All these things have proved excellent procrastination tactics when I should have been packing to move on Sunday. Oh well.

My favourites of the above list have been:

A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer. This collection of monologues was a fundraiser for Wellington Rape Crisis in recognition of V-Day 'a global activist movement that generates broader attention for the fight to stop violence against women and girls'. The monologues were read by a collection of awesome people and politicians and were sad, funny, interesting, scary, thought provoking, and one made me quite squeamish. It was storytelling at its most pure and I really loved it.

Constantinople. So strange, I can't even really describe it except to say there are two men in togas and the history of Constantinople is the framework for some weird and ingenious comedy.

In other news, I am excited about having a desk in my new room because I am planning on setting my sewing machine up on the desk and leaving it out for easy access. Will this mean I use it more? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment