Sunday, May 20, 2012

Waiting, watching, filming


On my way to work each morning since I moved, I walk past part of the Botanic Garden. Near the entrance is a 'waiting shelter'. It even has a sign, just in case you weren't sure what it was for.


This week has been a mixture of icy rain and cold wind, and amazing sun. At lunchtime on Thursday I went up to the National Hockey Stadium to watch my little brother play against a Wellington school team. Luckily, it was one of the sunny days, so I got to sit in the sun and try to remember what causes a team to get a penalty corner.


The photo below is a rare moment of my Dad resting. He is a VERY passionate coach, so normally he is pacing up and down the sideline yelling. The game had started by the time I arrived so I could hear him yelling before I could even see the turf.


This weekend is the V48 Hours film festival. The team I was working with got 'one shot' as their genre, which meant we had to make a one to seven minute film in one continuous shot. It meant a lot of rehearsal of the scenario we came up with, and 22 takes over about four hours, but it meant we were all done with the filming part by 5pm yesterday. Today the director and editor are choosing which take is the best, adding in music that was recorded last night, and creating the titles. I think we did a pretty good job, but it will be interesting to see it on the big screen on Wednesday night and see if other people find it funny (it's supposed to be a strange comedy).


We filmed in the house of a few of the team members, which they refer to as 'the mansion'. It's a big old house on the side of Mt. Vic, with an amazing view of the harbour. I particularly liked this wallpaper - which was in the toilet of all places.


No comments:

Post a Comment