Monday, May 7, 2012

View from my window


The super moon last night from the window of my new bedroom. There was a non-blurry version of this photo, but I like this one better.

I'm getting pretty good at this moving house thing. For the first 12 years of my life, I lived in the same house. Since then, I've moved about 10 times. I don't mind packing, and I love setting up new spaces and deciding where everything will go; but there comes a point in the unpacking process where I always think I'm doing so well and then realise that, actually, there's a lot more to go and all that spare space I thought I was going to have was just wishful thinking.

Anyway. This is the new daytime view from bedroom window.


I don't think I'm going to get bored of it any time soon. I love being able to see a little bit of the twisty road too, because I like being nosey and watching people walk along.

This is to the left out the window.


There appears to be an intriguing giant house at the top of the hill with lots of windows. You can't really see it in the photo though. There are also some great orange roofs dotted around down below in Kelburn and the white dome of the Carter Observatory. Neither of these things are in the above photo, but the photo above that.

This is the view from the bathroom window.


I assume everyone else takes photos from their bathroom windows too?

This house has a sizeable garden and a vege patch, a garden shed that has been turned into a study, lots of interesting lamps and cabinets, lots of old patterned plates and dark green and brown mugs, and whole lot of other things that I will take photos of.

All in all, it's really great. I'll just have to remember that when I'm faced with more unpacking tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment