Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Very Cherry Christmas

I love Christmas! I was so excited on the 1st of December when I realised what the date was as I was walking to work. I immediately changed my iPod to the best playlist in the history of the universe: A Very Cherry Christmas. I LOVE so many Christmas songs and I think the reason is partly because I observe a strict 1st - 25th December rule with them. Nothing before or after. The same with decorations. It's just unnecessary and too soon to get your Christmas on before the 1st of December. Well that's my opinion anyway.




I have made Christmas cards and Christmas gift tags for as long as I can remember, with varying degrees of success. I feel like this year I hit the jackpot in terms of cards that were easy and quick to make, not too expensive, and had a Christmas feel that didn't involve icicles or anything that's not so relevant to New Zealand in December (I mean, honestly, what could be more relevant in any context than a series of knitted leaves?). Also I was happy I got to use one of my favourite photos from the year for something practical.

I was glad to find card in a nice shade of red that has a good thickness and a bit of a metallic sheen to it, somehow it made them seem a bit classier. Overall, I think the finished cards look pretty darn stylish if I do say so myself.

Yes I know, I sound overly pleased with myself about this but I actually love these cards. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment