Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Is that a cupcake I see before me?




I knitted a cupcake! From this pattern. It took me about four and a half hours and it's vanilla with white icing and a blue case (to go with the Royal Garden Party theme). The cherry on top looks more like a deformed red blob and I was a little over zealous in my stuffing, but I still like it. I intend to knit another. And maybe a third. With all that spare time I have... Tonight we planned the menu for the Royal Garden Party and it is ambitious but achievable. Yum!

Tomorrow night is the season finale of Project Runway and my friend Janet is having a little viewing soiree. I am so excited! I have really enjoyed this season and while I already know who wins due to google stupidity, I am still really looking forward to seeing the collections and hearing what the judges have to say. Because, as you know in fashion, one day you're in and the next day, you're out.

Then on Friday morning I'm off to Auckland for the weekend and when we get back on Sunday we have the annual Wellington Chapman Tripp Theatre Awards, for which we have been nominated for Outstanding New Playwright of the Year for our show Tea for Toot and Alex has been nominated Best Female Newcomer of the Year. I have a new dress and Monday off work. Yay!

Aaand on Wednesday I start a new job. I'll still be doing the same thing, just in a Ministry rather than a Government agency. We had a restructure and some of us got the opportunity to transfer. So it's goodbye excellent harbour view and hello ground floor dungeon. You win some, you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment