Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hamilton Gardens

In the last of the 'Hamilton is great' saga, I present: the Hamilton Gardens.

 


 





The Hamilton Gardens are the coolest gardens I've ever been to. We were only able to stay for about an hour as we had to get on the road back to Wellington, but we had an excellent guide in Alex's Mum and managed to see lots. It had been raining but luckily it stopped by the time we got there and we managed to ignore the distant drone of the V8 Supercars in the city. My favourites were the Italian Renaissance Garden (complete with a Romeo and Juliet balcony which we had to put to good use) and the Indian Char Bagh Garden which are both part of the Paradise Garden Collection.

Next time I'm in Hamilton I will definitely go back because there's still so much we didn't get to see and there were some gardens under construction such as the Tudor Garden and the Surrealist Garden which sound very cool.

Just before we left we looked at a huge carving which had some characters strangely similar to ones in our show...a drunken Rowland the Owl and a menacing Toot perhaps?


Also, I am so proud of my design efforts! I have felt like my blog has needed a shake-up for a while but I wasn't sure I could get the size of the banner at the top right. With yesterday being a holiday I mucked around for a bit trying things out and I am very happy with the end result. It's amazing what I can do on Microsoft Paint...I'm pretty much a design genius. And I discovered my best karaoke song last night at approximately 1am when we had The Fringe Bar all to ourselves. This long weekend is working wonders for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment