Tuesday, January 19, 2010

And so it grows

Stitch by stitch, row by row, it grows and grows...but there's still a long way to go. I have to get to 7 1/2 inches before I can start decreasing and it's currently only about 4 1/2 inches even though I spent a bit of time knitting yesterday afternoon as I was home sick from work (woke up at 2am with really bad stomach pain, not sure if my dinner didn't agree with me or what but it was really unpleasant, I won't go into more detail...) and then about an hour and a half at the knitting circle (I was feeling much better by 7pm and really, you'd have to be pretty sick not to be able to knit, right?).

The exciting news of the day at knitting was that Penny met Prince William. She had the day off work and decided to go along to the opening of the Supreme Court at which Prince William was doing official opening duties. Apparently a lot of people were there to see him when he first arrived but after he went inside to officially open the new building many left. Penny, however, waited around and was at the front when he came out again so she got to shake his hand and chat to the Prime Minister about the weather...probably a safe topic. I'm not particularly fussed with the Royal Family (a cute older lady I sit next to a work who's originally from Guernsey told me today she took an early lunch break yesterday - which is a big deal for her because she is very regimented with exactly when she pulls out her little red lunchbox with two ham sandwiches - and went to see Prince William; she was too far back to shake his hand but she got a photo on her cellphone and she proudly told me she has once seen the Queen) but I did think that if I randomly saw or met Prince William on the street I would very likely text my Mum straight away to tell her. Anyway, I think he's left Wellington now but he's very lucky as the weather put on a good show for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment