Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Found!


Yesterday and today I have been gripped by a sudden urge to knit, having not picked up needles in months. I think it's because two of my favourite blogs are American and both SouleMama and Posie Gets Cosy have been posting about winter and knitting this week. Today it rained and I've had a sore throat so I spent all day at work feeling winter-y and just wanting to get home, sit in bed, and start the scarf I frogged over again.

I have done just that, and it's great, but what's even more great is my discovery of listening to podcasts while knitting. Sometimes I feel like I'm not being as productive as I could be while I'm knitting - I'm pretty slow so I never feel like I'm making great progress with the actual knitting; I've often wished I could watch a movie or an episode of something while knitting, but I can't because I can't knit without looking and I'm not happy just listening to a movie. But podcasts are PERFECT.

Ages ago Alex told me about 'This American Life' and I've been meaning to check it out. Tonight I listened to the latest episode, a Valentine's Day special. The Valentine's thing almost put me off - I thought it might be all soppy and annoying, but it wasn't at all. It was funny and unexpected and I love hearing about people's lives so it was great.

I'm now out to find other podcasts, maybe some comedy ones. I think this whole podcast thing might mean the scarf actually gets finished before the end of this winter. But then there's Parks and Recreation (one of the greatest shows ever) to watch and a book to read and a play to stage. Work is so inconvenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment