Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello 2012






This morning it was sunny and the weather forecast indicated it would stay fine (after a couple of rainy days that put a dampener on welcoming in the new year) so I decided I would do something I've wanted to do for years but never gotten around to: get the ferry to Eastbourne.

Just as I was about to leave the house I got a call from my sister who was in Wellington playing tour guide to an Irish 'friend' she made at the New Year's festival/mud bath La De Da. So I met them in town and off Megan, Kevin, and I went to Eastbourne.

The ferry landed at Days Bay and we walked around to Eastbourne village; a lot of places were closed because it was a public holiday (still, I was surprised how many were closed) so we ended up having lunch at a pub. And then it started raining. We walked back round to Days Bay to wait for the ferry and decided to have a cup of tea and shelter in the cafe, but they were closing. So we sat shivering for a wee while and ended up getting the bus home, to avoid shivering for another half an hour. So, not a wholly successful day but it was a nice outing and I definitely want to go back when it's hotter and more of the cafes and shops are open.


Yesterday Kelly and I went to the new Muppet movie, it was so cute! I did some inappropriately loud laughing which I always enjoy, and got to see the new part of The Embassy. Then we ended up drinking the evening away (above is my first gin of the new year) and having dinner at Scopa. Not a bad first day of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment