Monday, May 9, 2011

View from my window





Well, I don't have one really. Not from my bedroom window - the glass is frosted because there's a window of the next door house about a metre away. But I do have a view through the mail slot and I do love my grand old Berhampore dame. I've been here over three months now, it seems to have gone so quickly but I also feel like I've been here for ages. I love living in a real house again, especially a real house with so much character and history. I'd love to know who this house was built for and when.


I especially love the washing line! Even though the warm sunny days are becoming fewer it's so nice when we do have one to be able to hang things out. I actually like hanging washing on the line, it's very satisfying. I didn't realise how much I missed it up in my old third floor apartment.


And my flatmates are lovely. All four of them and their various girlfriends and boyfriends and other friends. This was for the 'birt day' of one of the Sophies the other weekend. Someone lost the 'h'.

I'll just have to remember to look back on this post again in the middle of winter when the high ceilings and lack of insulation have turned my bedroom into a fridge...but this winter I'm determined not to use my electric blanket. It's socks and flannelette pyjamas all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment