Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spectacular textiles and small beginnings




Last weekend I called into Thistle Hall to see an exhibition. I love Thistle Hall. Not only did it provide us with a cheap rehearsal space for Tea for Toot, every week there is a new exhibition in the street-level hall part. Last week the exhibition was of hand printed fabrics by Massey University textile design students. There were lots of strong linear designs (which makes me sound like I know what I'm talking about and I don't) and fun patterns and colours. Unfortunately there wasn't a cushion made out of my favourite fabric so I left empty handed, probably a good thing for my savings though!


On Tuesday night I started my socks. I only had to rip the beginnings out once, one row in, before I got it right. It's going to be slow going though so I will try not to post photos of them every 5 minutes because no doubt that will be very boring!

I'm taking tomorrow off work and going to the Wairarapa to see my family and my friend Hayley and go to my cousin's 5th birthday party on Saturday. Then I'm coming back early Sunday for something very exciting - I finally get to meet Nikki in person! It's slightly weird feeling like you know someone via the blogging world without actually having met them in person. But I can show her the start of my socks and I'm sure it will be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment