Friday, February 26, 2010

Dishcloths and destruction

Last week I started another dishcloth so I would have something to knit while figuring out my next knitting project (which turned out to be the Baby Shrug, on which I have made no progress as haven't had time this week to sit and knit without distractions). I knitted this dishcloth on smaller needles than last time and did an uneven number of knit, purl, knit, purl, knit within the border so that unlike last time it looks all beautiful and matching at either end. I knitted some more last night while watching Project Runway but I better get a move on and finish it because I need these circular needles for the shrug (although I'm not sure if they're long enough).

Miss Millie has knitted a really awesome dishcloth, apparently inspired by the one I was knitting when I met her at Monday night Knitting Circle a few weeks ago. Hers is much more complicated and cooler than my plain old basketweave and ribbed ones but I still feel slightly influential. Maybe I could write a bestseller - 'How to Win Friends and Influence Knitters'.

Anita has finished one of her tiny baby booties and it is SO CUTE. She hasn't sewn it up yet but when she has I will take a photo. They are just so tiny and in such cute wool with flecks of pale purple and yellow. I am so knitting a pair when I finish the shrug. She said they were super quick to make and they have a band across the top so they look like little Mary Janes.

Guy's show is going really well, I hadn't seen it in its entirety until opening night and I LOVED it. It is very clever and funny (and I'm really not that biased, I can be a very critical critic). If you are in Wellington and have nothing planned either tonight, Friday, or Saturday night at 8.30pm then come along to the Fringe Bar, it got a great review so I'm not the only one who thinks it's worth watching.

And finally, to end the saga (see here and here for prior installments):

Because I know the demolition of buildings is riveting.

A Wellington morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment