Sunday, April 4, 2010

Eeeeeeee!

That's the sound of excitement...

Front edging done! And I am so proud of it. I tried my darndest to cast off a lot more loosely than usual and I think I succeeded. I'm now filled with vigour for starting the edging on the bottom of the back and it's a rainy, chilly evening here in North Canterbury so it's the perfect weather for picking up stitches.

It's also the perfect weather for quinces cooked in red wine, honey, cinnamon, and cloves for five hours in the slow cooker. I'd never had a quince before today but a friend's mother who lives down here gave me one to try that she'd cooked in her special recipe. It was quite delicious so she gave me about 10 quinces off her tree, told me her 'recipe' (a bit of this, a splash of that etc), and I decided to give it a go myself. I think I put a bit much red wine in, but then, some might argue you can never put too much red wine in. It's surely nothing a good dollop of ice cream can't fix anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment