Saturday, April 3, 2010


It's not perfect, but it's happening.

After many a Craft Anger filled hour I finally picked up all the stitches I needed to around the front edges of the Baby Shrug and started knitting the ribbed edging.

Part of the reason it took so long is I am not very good at maths and so picking up 27 stitches from 38 proved taxing on the maths part of my brain. If I picked up every stitch it was (obviously) too many; if I picked up every second stitch it was too little; so I tried to make it up as I went along and ended up having to re-do bits of it twice because I had picked up too many stitches too soon. But I got there! So now once I've finished the edging on the front I only have to pick up the stitches on the bottom back and the cuffs.

Ahhh only...

No comments:

Post a Comment