Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So. The Baby Shrug.

I made great progress on the ribbed edging on the back of the Baby Shrug on Easter Sunday when I was in Christchurch. Then I ripped it all out when I returned to Wellington and started again. Ripping it out wasn't such a big deal, it was only the row of picked up stitches and then about two or three rows of ribbing. It was still a bit heartbreaking though because picking up those stitches took me a good while. But I hadn't picked up the stitches right to the very edges (I started about a stitch or two in on either end because it was hard to get the stitches from the very the edges) and while I thought it wouldn't be a problem, I realised after I had done it that when I came to sew it together it wouldn't match up nicely and I just wasn't happy with it.

Because rehearsals for Tea for Toot are in full swing


An awesome flyer designed by the amazing Ed

I haven't had much time for knitting, but I did get the edging on the back of the Baby Shrug done on Friday night while hanging in the hotel room with Mum in Auckland. After dinner we went to the cinema on Queen Street to see if there was anything on we wanted to watch but there wasn't so we had some gelato and went back to the hotel to read and knit.


It's okay but I'm not entirely happy with it. I'm still not sure why when beginning the Baby Shrug you cast on only 8 stitches, pearl a row, then cast on 10 stitches at the beginning of the next 4 rows after that. It doesn't seem to have served any purpose other than making the bottom edge of the back look crooked or lopsided or something.


Oh well. It's staying as it is.

I haven't been to Monday night Knitting Circle for two Mondays in a row now so I'm feeling a bit knitting-deprived. The Easter Monday I got back from Christchurch Guy was really keen to go to the movie Boy so Anita, my flatmate Lauren, Guy and I all went. It took a bit of convincing for me to ditch knitting for the movies but I really wanted to see Boy so it won out in the end. I enjoyed Boy but it was a lot sadder than I expected (having seen the trailer).
Then last night we had a Tea for Toot rehearsal to make up for Sunday's rehearsal that couldn't happen because I was gadding about in Auckland. So I'll have to wait until NEXT Monday for my Knitting Circle fix.

Tomorrow night Guy and I are babysitting for some friends of his so I might get a chance to do the edging on one of the Baby Shrug sleeves. I hope so because now I reeeally want to get it over and done with so I can start something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment