Friday, May 21, 2010

It's opening night...

I have the first few lines from that song from The Producers in my head, except that's all I know which is getting quite irritating.

Oh hi, why am I blogging at 8am? Probably because I woke up all nervous and had to get up and do various things like unload the dishwasher and have a good strong cup of Earl Grey.

Our pack-in yesterday went well and the set looks amazing thanks to our awesome set designer, Ed, and our stage manager. Here are two sneaky wee photos from Georgia and Emily's world, because I don't want to give too much away before anyone's seen it in real life.


A freaky little owl that I believe is from The Warehouse


A big old radio/record player that Ed bought off Trade Me thinking it was 'sit on a table size' instead of over a metre tall, but now it's such a cool feature we wouldn't have it any other way

We're back at the theatre from 9am this morning to finish cue to cue and to do a tech run. Alex and I start the show knitting so hopefully come 6.30pm when the audience is filing in, I'll be able to sit and focus on my knitting and try to ignore the herd of butterflies hanging out in my tummy. Or at least try to pretend I've got better things to do than listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment