Thursday, May 27, 2010

Open home

The other day Alex pointed me in the direction of The Knitting Room exhibition at the Salamanca Arts Centre in Hobart, Tasmania (Australia).

(image sourced from link)

Sadly I'm not going to Hobart any time soon, but if I was I would so go visit the exhibition! It looks awesome and the story behind it is so cool. Started by the residents of an aged care home it has brought a whole lot of people together. I loved this quote:

"Dot is one of the original members of the Strathaven knitting group. When interviewed for ABC radio she said, 'I don't think they thought we could do this kind of work. I think it's wonderful - it makes you feel good. You don't feel as though you're just sitting here doing nothing. That's the worst thing out.'"

Amen to that sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment