Friday, May 14, 2010

Till our dreams come true...

We live on Avenue Q
I have lots of things to look forward to this weekend (except for the flights, I am not one of those people who love flying), the major one being Avenue Q at The Civic in Auckland. I have wanted to see this musical ever since Guy put the original cast recording on my iPod a few years ago. The songs and characters are very funny (it's basically a satire of modern life with songs like 'What do you do with a BA in English?', 'Everyone's a little bit racist', and a love song called 'Mix Tape') so I can't wait to see it live with all the awesome puppets. Yay!

Then after the show we are going to do some MasterChef New Zealand stalking by going to Euro, the restaurant owned by Simon Gault (one of the MasterChef NZ judges) where Kelly (the runner-up on MasterChef NZ) now works. Because we aren't quite rich enough to have dinner there, we are going for dessert which still looks pretty amazing (and still isn't cheap either). Are we MasterChef NZ obsessed freaks? No. But we're close.

Before all this though, I want to go back to the French-style Farmers' Market in Parnell tomorrow morning, and then perhaps to the Crafternoon Tea Market - mainly because I love the name! I also may not be able to resist going back to my favourite ever yarn shop (thus far), Wild and Wolly Yarns because it means I get to go to Devonport as well which is my favourite part of Auckland (excluding Waiheke Island - ooo maybe we should go there, although I think we won't have time).

I don't NEED to go to Wild and Wolly Yarns of course, but I can't forget that beautiful Sublime Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK (the colour I liked best must have been 'Piglet' from the looks of Wild and Woolly's online shop but it was a much more vibrant peachy orange in reality). I think I need some even if all I do with it is tuck it up in bed beside me and gaze at it lovingly all night long. It is so soft. I have a yarn crush and I've only ever touched the stuff once. It's ridiculous.

So that's my weekend. It's going to be very short and sweet as I have to be back early Sunday afternoon for rehearsal. But, even with the flying, I feel it's going to be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment